The Physiological Side of Emotional Intelligence

Ever have a gut feeling? Our gut plays a vital part in our sensory capabilities or “Spider senses”.

Messages pass from the gut to the brain instantaneously. Ever feel like something is wrong, but can’t put your finger on what it is? It’s your gut telling you that “This shit is not right!” literally.

Take great care of your gut and your overall well being and “Life sense” will follow:


Normally we think of trauma as being related to situations and contexts that we have experienced.

But what if 80% of it is simply our gut telling us that something is wrong “Literally” with our gut, and that if we fix that 80% then the remaining 20% washes away.


  • Suppose your cars fuel injector was clogged so that only 1/3 of the normal amount of fuel gets through. What would happen?
  • Suppose your cars air filter clogged up such that your car only received 1/3 of the normal air flow. What would happen?
  • Suppose we spilled water on parts of the electrical system of your car. What would happen?

Interpreting Signals

The body is a sensitive instrument and it lets the brain know when something is wrong. If there are a lot of things wrong internally it’s easy to confuse those with external factors.

Left unchecked the symptoms will lead to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.


Last time you we’re upset was that do to an external factor or waste buildup in your body that caused the signals that your body sends to your brain to be off?

Lack of Vitamin D



The gut is our “Root system”. If that is not 100% then the rest of the body suffers. When the root system is restored, the rest recovers. Just imagine if you have a tree, pull it out, tear 80% of the roots off, and plant it again. What happens? I think sugar effectively does that to most young adults, and that is why we see so many people with anxiety, depression, etc. The average child consumes more sugar by the time they are 8 than any human did prior to the 19th century.



Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Ole Ersoy

Ole Ersoy

Founder of Firefly Semantics Corporation